Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer to me

I made this video using animoto! It was pretty simple to use - I had to keep taking away pictures....who know 30 seconds was so short! :-) I also was disappointed I couldn't use music from iTunes, but I completely understand!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.



I just want to say how much I am enjoying this project. It is so great to explore all these neat programs and be able to do it on my own time. I was reading an article this morning about professional development for teachers and one of the things they mentioned was how valuable and meaningful professional development can be when teachers have ownership over it. To me, that is what this is all about. We are teachers after all - dedicated to teaching AND learning - and being able to take ownership and responsibility for our own learning is key! Isn't that what we keep telling our kids!?!??!

Also, I want to encourage people to check out other folks' blogs - there are some really cool and exciting things people are doing - please leave comments! It's fun!
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and staying COOL!

2 comments:

  1. Love your video, Heather. I'm sorry to be looking at it on Monday morning, in fact. It makes me want to head to the beach! And I'm with you: this is the most fun professional development EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your video! Sooooo summer, my favorite time of year. If the temps would dip a bit we could all leave the AC and enjoy some of the scenery you showed. Have you tried Camstudio? I think I installed it correctly but am having trouble figring it out. UGH! I'll keep trying. I need a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete